Choose Your Library Experience
Beginning April 19, 2021, the Kern County Library is expanding services previously limited by COVID restrictions by increasing capacity to 50% and continuing to phase up to 100% as staffing allows. The Library is removing restrictions at the 13 currently open branches across the County.
Information about your library experiences below.
Traditional Indoor Services
- Customer appointments for indoor service are no longer required.
- Customers may enter buildings during open hours to access services, within capacity.
- Volunteers are welcome back in the library. Please contact your local branch for more info.
- Donations are welcome again, limited to one box per individual.
- Some indoor programming will return during June and July.
Take care of yourself. Stay home if you are feeling sick or have a sick family member. It’s easiest and keeps everyone safe. If you need to get tested, access KernCounty.com to see a list of testing sites in your area.
We’re all in this together. Face masks are required for individuals ages 2 and up to enter and remain in the building. Please keep your mask over your nose and mouth and avoid touching your face. Keep a 6-foot distance between employees and customers. Clean hands with sanitizer upon entering.
Prefer Curbside Services? Everyone has a different comfort level, and that’s okay! All of our select locations offer curbside services too. (See below for instructions.)
Contactless Curbside Services
- An appointment for curbside services is strongly encouraged, though not required, to reduce wait times and ensure smooth, quick service.
- Customers can pick up holds, get “grab bags” and staff picks, finalize library card registration, and more through curbside service.
Make a Request
Request items through your Library account on our ValleyCat catalog.
Skip to Step #2
You can also skip straight to requesting a curbside appointment through our online form. This works perfectly if you would like a “grab bag” of 3-5 titles preselected by our staff or would like staff to check the shelves to see if titles are on-site.
The system will automatically notify you that your item(s) are available.
Schedule an Appointment
Request an appointment to pick up your items at one of our thirteen locations offering Curbside Services through our online form.
Arrive at Your Appointment
Follow the directional signage to the parking area.
Wait in your car and Call the posted phone number.
Have your Kern County Library card Ready.
Library staff will deliver your materials to the trunk and/or rear of your vehicle.