Kern County Library Facilities Guidelines for Use
The Meeting Rooms at the Kern County Library are available for public use under the Meeting Room Use policy adopted by the Kern County Board of Supervisors.
- The availability of these facilities is an ancillary service the Library provides.
- The service must not interfere with the Library’s primary function of providing library materials and information retrieval to the public.
- Meeting Rooms are available during the library’s open hours.
- Meeting room use outside of the Library’s open hours varies according to room accessibility at each facility and may be subject to staff availability.
- Fees for each reservation are determined in accordance to the Fees for Use of Library Facilities, by the facility used and the room use particulars as established by the user.
- Rooms are rented in 4-hour blocks of time; time begins upon initial access and ends upon final exit after cleanup. Access to room for more than 4 hours is assessed additional fees.
- Users of the Beale Memorial Library Auditorium Sound Booth may use only the audio-visual equipment provided by the Library. Qualified audio-visual technicians hired to work in the Auditorium’s light and sound booth must be approved by the Library prior to the program.
The Library Provides
- Access to Meeting Rooms and the Auditorium
- Access to tables and chairs
- Audio-visual equipment set up (see the Equipment Checklist for the location.)
The Library is Able to Provide for a Fee
- Room set up and clean up
- Staff assistance during a program *
- Staff assistance during program rehearsals *
* Based on staff availability by prior arrangement
Groups Using Rooms Are Responsible For
- Set up and clean up of the room
- Operation of audio-visual equipment
- Cost of a Library staff member's time to open or secure the building if if Meeting Room use occurs when the Library is closed.