Geology, Mining and Petroleum Collection
Books and periodical subscriptions in this special collection are funded by the Kern County Library Foundation. The room is open to the public during business hours, please ask at the Reference Desk on the 2nd floor for access. This collection includes:
Industrial directories, basic reference texts on geology, oil recovery technology, and many sources on earthquakes and volcanoes. The books in this collection are for use only in the GMP Room and can not be checked out..
- U.S.G.S. Publications received: Bulletins, Professional Papers, California editions of Open-file Reports, Water Resources Data, and Water Supply Papers.
- U.S. Bureau of Mines: Minerals Yearbook, Information Circulars, and Reports of Investigations.
- California Division of Oil and Gas: Annual Report of State Oil and Gas Supervisor, and Technical Reports.
- California Division of Mines and Geology: Special Reports, Special Publications, Bulletins, County Reports, and Geological Atlas of California.
Topographic maps for California, the Munger Map Book of California Oil and Gas Fields, and many geologic maps.
Current subscriptions in the GMP Room:
- AAPG Bulletin
- Engineering and Mining Journal
- ICMJ's Prospecting and Mining Journal (formerly International California Mining Journal)
- Oil and Gas Journal
- World Oil
These subscriptions are no longer maintained, holdings vary, please check the catalog.
- American Journal of Science
- Occasional papers of the California Academy of Science
- Bulletin of the Seismological Society of America
- Engineering and News Record
- Geological Society of America: Bulletin, Geology, Geophysics
- Hart's Oil and Gas World
- Hart's Petroleum Engineer International
- Hydrocarbon Processing
- International California Mining Journal
- Journal of Geology
- Journal of Petroleum Technology
- Seismological Society of America Bulletin